Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, Division of research, internationalisation and innovation, has one available position as Senior Research Adviser.
About the position:
We are looking for a senior research adviser with a good track record of successful application development within research and innovation, and with extensive experience and network within European research and innovation. The senior adviser will work primarily with external funding within the research support unit and contribute to increased quality and amount of externally funded research projects at HVL.
The main task will be support for external funding, primarily with project development in the prefunding phase. Projects are developed in teams with researchers, research advisers, project economists and other relevant support staff such as librarians, media and communication advisers. EU and the Research Council of Norway (RCN) are the main funding sources, but applications towards other funders/sources are also supported.
The research adviser is expected to contribute to the optimal collective performance of HVLs research adviser team. In depth knowledge of research ethics, personal data management, gender perspectives, Intellectual property rights (IPR), commercialization, dissemination and exploitation as well as stakeholder and user involvement in projects will be an advantage.
Place of work is one of HVL’s five campuses
Key duties- and responsibilities:
The main tasks for the senior research adviser are to carry out administrative duties in the research administration with a specific focus on increasing impact and competitiveness of HVL’s external research and innovation funding:
- Hands on support in application development for external research and innovation funding
- Provide training in developing applications for external funding
- Being informed about the development of EU framework programs, with a specific focus on planned and published research programs, calls and topics
- Provide strategic advice to leaders, research groups and administrative staff on matters related to EU and national research and innovation funding policy
- Contribute to development of strategies and action plans, carry out assessment and analysis
- Participate in the development of administrative routines for research support (including digitalisation of procedures) and project management.
- Contribute to the optimal collective performance of HVLs research adviser team
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- A master’s degree or equivalent
- Relevant administrative experience from research and innovation
- A track record of successful application development for European research and innovation funding
- Considerable experience in European research and innovation policy and strategy work
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good digital competency
- Good knowledge of the university sector
- Good networking, teamwork and communication skills
- A proactive, analytic and goal orientated mindset
? Good occupational pension, insurance and loan schemes from The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
? Exciting academic environment with the possibility of competence enhancement and development
? Opportunities for training within the working hours
The position as Senior Research Adviser is paid according to the Government’s salary regulation, in position code 1364.
There is a compulsory 2 % deduction to the pension fund (see http://www.spk.no/en for more information). The successful applicant must comply with the guidelines that apply to the position at any time.
Please use the link apply for this job.
The applicants are responsible for ensuring that all the documentation is submitted before the closing date.
Applications cannot be sent by e-mail or to individuals at the college.
The appointment will be made in accordance with the regulations for State employees Law in Norway (“Lov om statens ansatte)”. Organizational changes and changes in the duties and responsibilities associated with the position must be expected.
State employment shall reflect the multiplicity of the population at large to the highest possible degree. Western Norway University of Applied Sciences Bergen has therefore adopted a personnel policy objective to ensure that we achieve a balanced age and gender composition and the recruitment of persons of various ethnic backgrounds.
Information about the applicant may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be named in the list of applicants. The applicant will be notified if his/her request is not respected. Applicants may be called in for an interview.
Eirin Fausa Pettersen, tlf 55 58 75 19 / 951 43 100
Interaction, Sustainability, Innovation
Western Norway University of Applied Sciences shall be a university with a clear professional and working life-oriented profile.
Through education, research and development we create new knowledge and expertise, anchored internationally and with solutions that work locally.
Read more (http://www.hvl.no/en)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_NjRp_Zoyo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_NjRp_Zoyo)
- Category : Jobs Abroad
- Advertiser : Høgskulen på Vestlandet
- Industry : Education
- Job Type : Full Time
- Application Deadline : 30.08.2020
- Company : The University College of Western Norway